How will you be using your food truck?
Temporary events only:
- Call our office to discuss your plans and
- Download and follow the procedures in our Temporary Events brochure
My truck will be used as a mobile restaurant:
- Call our office to discuss your plans;
- Complete an Application for Food Establishments and submit to our office; and
- Schedule a pre-opening inspection for approval to open
Basic Food Safety Class
- Free, 2.5-hour class
- Provided in September of each year.
Certified Manager's Course (ServSafe)
- Scheduled on an as-needed basis
- 16-hour class
- Call 573-431-1947, ext. 121 to put your name on the list
- Pick up a water collection kit from the health center
- Follow the instructions in the kit to collect your water sample, include $10.00, and bring
your sample to SFCHC by 10 am. Monday through Thursday. It is best to collect your water
the same day you bring it to the health center.
- In most cases, a soil morphology will have to be conducted to determine what type of
wastewater treatment system will have to be installed. If the morphology shows a need for
a system that will not fit on your property, then a holding tank might be permitted.
- Speak with someone in Environmental to help you determine whether a system may fit on
- Holding tanks have to be permitted through this office, but they are permitted only as a last resort. There can be no other options for installing an on-site wastewater treatment system.
- Speak with someone in Environmental to help determine whether a holding tank may be permitted.
- If your system will be installed on less than three acres, or if you will have more than one system on 10 acres, call the environmental office to discuss your situation.
- Obtain an Application to Construct an On-site Wastewater Treatment System from our office.
- Pay $90.00 to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Have a soil morphology conducted by a Missouri registered soil scientist.
- Have an on-site wastewater treatment system or holding tank designed by a Missouri registered installer or engineer (depending on your soil morphology).
- Submit your Application to Construct an OWTS, soil morphology and OWTS design plan to our office for review.
- Staff from our office will schedule an on-site visit with you or your installer once the system is flagged out according to the approved design.
- Construction of the OWTS may begin once a permit is issued by this office.