ENVIRONMENTAL PUBLIC HEALTH SPECIALIST
• This position functions independently and exercises critical thinking and problem solving skills. This is a professional and technical position that conducts field inspections and evaluations according to Environmental Health laws, regulations, requirements and policies designed to prevent disease and promote environmental health.
• Assist in planning, directing, developing and evaluating community health programs in the county as they pertain to environmental health and implementing environmentally influenced public health laws and regulations.
• Perform a variety of inspections relating to environmental health programs, including the following: individual water and sewage systems; food sanitation; food and waterborne disease prevention and outbreak investigations; child care facility sanitation and safety; commercial lodging sanitation and safety; vector control; environmental public health factors related to disaster response and/or transportation accidents.
• Assiststhe communicable disease coordinator in conducting investigations of potential environmental induced illnesses.
• Respond to natural or manmade disasters affecting environmental public health.
• Investigates complaints involving possible environmental public health law violations; prepare reports with recommendations for corrective measures and conducts follow-up investigations.
• Conduct field investigations and epidemiological studies of food or waterborne disease outbreaks or environmental health hazards.
• Provide education on state and local laws or regulations relating to food sanitation; commercial lodging sanitation and safety; child care facility sanitation and safety.
• Attend meetings, conferences and workshops to further professional competence.
• Other duties as required for the position.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Graduate from an accredited college or university with a major specialization (30 semester hours) in one or a combination of the following: biology, chemistry, bacteriology, food science, soil science, sanitary science, and environmental health or in closely related physical or natural sciences.
• Substantial experience in above fields may be substituted for deficiencies in education.
• Environmental Public Health experience preferred, but not required.
**To apply please send resumes to Jessica McKnight, Director St. Francois County Health Center PO Box 367, 1025 W. Main Park Hills MO 63601 or email Jessica.email@example.com **
Click button to download an APPLICATION form
Click button to download background check form
This institution is an equal opportunity provider